Wondering how to properly do a deadlift?
In this video, I explain how to do set up for a conventional deadlift and how to do a deadlift with perfect form!
A few pointers: start light and gain confidence in your form before progressing to heavier weights. The deadlift is a difficult strength lift that takes time and lots of practice. Even Pro’s start to break form under heavy loads, so take your time!
How to do a deadlift
How to do a Conventional Deadlift
1. Walk up to the bar and place your hands on the bar so your thumbs are at your thighs. Then wrap your fingers around the bar.
2. Squeeze your shoulders back and down. Then lift the bar off the rack.
3. Once you’re in this position, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
4. Guide the bar down your legs, and keep your head in a neutral position.
5. Once the bar is past your knees, be sure to keep the weight on your heels. Once the bar is all the way down, your hips should be slightly lower than your shoulders.
6. Press back up, pushing through your heels, and squeeze your glutes. Make sure you’re not over pulling at the top.
7. Repeat for 1 rep.
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
3 Ways to do Deadlifts Without a Barbell Do you love doing deadlifts but don't have a barbell? No problem! Sometimes you just can't make it to the gym or the boys are using all the barbells! ? In this video, I'll show you three different ways to do deadlifts...read more
4 Ways to do Hip Thrusts Last week went talked about the proper way to do a basic hip thrust. Before trying different hip thrust variations, make sure you have the proper form. This week let's put it into action and progress the movement. Make sure you master the...read more
Do you know how to properly perform hip thrusts? Here is a quick how-to video! See if you can spot the difference between the two exercises. The first demonstration is the wrong way to do a hip thrust. The second video is me demonstrating a proper hip thrust. How do...read more