Wondering how to properly do a deadlift?
In this video, I explain how to do set up for a conventional deadlift and how to do a deadlift with perfect form!
A few pointers: start light and gain confidence in your form before progressing to heavier weights. The deadlift is a difficult strength lift that takes time and lots of practice. Even Pro’s start to break form under heavy loads, so take your time!
How to do a deadlift
How to do a Conventional Deadlift
1. Walk up to the bar and place your hands on the bar so your thumbs are at your thighs. Then wrap your fingers around the bar.
2. Squeeze your shoulders back and down. Then lift the bar off the rack.
3. Once you’re in this position, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
4. Guide the bar down your legs, and keep your head in a neutral position.
5. Once the bar is past your knees, be sure to keep the weight on your heels. Once the bar is all the way down, your hips should be slightly lower than your shoulders.
6. Press back up, pushing through your heels, and squeeze your glutes. Make sure you’re not over pulling at the top.
7. Repeat for 1 rep.
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
Here's how to properly do a pistol squat: Wanna know how to do a pistol squat? This is an advance movement that takes practice and progression. In the video, you will see how to start as a beginner and move to more advanced movements. 1. Assisted single-leg squat 2....read more
Total Body Warm-Up + How to Video Hi, Booty Lab ladies! I have people ask me all the time: What should I do to warm-up before lifting weights? You ask and you shall receive! This warm-up can be used for any strength day. I recommend 3 rounds with 5-10 reps of each:...read more
Learn the First Step to Using a Barbell Rack It's a New Year! And what better way to start off 2020 than learning how to lift and rack a barbell the right way. Each rack is different but you always want to make sure you're not loading your lower back. Starting a...read more