Wondering how to properly do a deadlift?
In this video, I explain how to do set up for a conventional deadlift and how to do a deadlift with perfect form!
A few pointers: start light and gain confidence in your form before progressing to heavier weights. The deadlift is a difficult strength lift that takes time and lots of practice. Even Pro’s start to break form under heavy loads, so take your time!
How to do a deadlift
How to do a Conventional Deadlift
1. Walk up to the bar and place your hands on the bar so your thumbs are at your thighs. Then wrap your fingers around the bar.
2. Squeeze your shoulders back and down. Then lift the bar off the rack.
3. Once you’re in this position, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
4. Guide the bar down your legs, and keep your head in a neutral position.
5. Once the bar is past your knees, be sure to keep the weight on your heels. Once the bar is all the way down, your hips should be slightly lower than your shoulders.
6. Press back up, pushing through your heels, and squeeze your glutes. Make sure you’re not over pulling at the top.
7. Repeat for 1 rep.
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
All About the Renegade Row Have you ever wondered how to do a renegade row? You may be wondering what am I working with a renegade row? Good question! This exercise is really a total body movement. It predominately works your core but you best believe you are...read more
No gym? No equipment? No problem! Try our Partner Workout. With the holidays approaching, it can difficult to make it to the gym. Whether you're traveling or just plain busy, you can easily do this partner workout. Just grab your workout buddy or a family...read more
Wondering how to properly do a sumo deadlift? In this video, I explain how to do a sumo deadlift. A few weeks ago, I went over the conventional deadlift set-up. Today, I am teaching you another Booty Lab favorite: the Sumo Deadlift. If you haven't performed this...read more