Total Body Warm-Up + How to Video
Hi, Booty Lab ladies! I have people ask me all the time: What should I do to warm-up before lifting weights?
You ask and you shall receive! This warm-up can be used for any strength day.
I recommend 3 rounds with 5-10 reps of each:
- Bird dogs – this is great for the back and core!
- Sit to stands – total body movement
- Glute bridges – glutes
- I’s, y’s, and t’s – upper body and back
Why are warm-ups so important?
1. They literally help your body “warm-up”! This allows more oxygen to get to your muscles which is important for when you start your workout! It also helps prepare your heart for more strenuous exercise.
2. Warming up helps prevent injury by improving your muscles’ elasticity.
3. It helps with flexibility and range of motion which can make your workouts more effective.
4. Warming up also gives you a chance to mentally prepare for your workout. Use your warm-up as a chance to clearly your mind of daily distractions and focus on YOU!
Best Warm-up for Strength Training Workouts
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
Here's how to properly do a pistol squat: Wanna know how to do a pistol squat? This is an advance movement that takes practice and progression. In the video, you will see how to start as a beginner and move to more advanced movements. 1. Assisted single-leg squat 2....read more
Learn the First Step to Using a Barbell Rack It's a New Year! And what better way to start off 2020 than learning how to lift and rack a barbell the right way. Each rack is different but you always want to make sure you're not loading your lower back. Starting a...read more
Learn How to do a Push-Up The Right Way Here's a strength exercise you can do that works your total body! No equipment required. Not sure how to perform a push-up? Don't worry, I gotcha! Watch the video to first see what NOT to do, and then see the...read more