Total Body Warm-Up + How to Video
Hi, Booty Lab ladies! I have people ask me all the time: What should I do to warm-up before lifting weights?
You ask and you shall receive! This warm-up can be used for any strength day.
I recommend 3 rounds with 5-10 reps of each:
- Bird dogs – this is great for the back and core!
- Sit to stands – total body movement
- Glute bridges – glutes
- I’s, y’s, and t’s – upper body and back
Why are warm-ups so important?
1. They literally help your body “warm-up”! This allows more oxygen to get to your muscles which is important for when you start your workout! It also helps prepare your heart for more strenuous exercise.
2. Warming up helps prevent injury by improving your muscles’ elasticity.
3. It helps with flexibility and range of motion which can make your workouts more effective.
4. Warming up also gives you a chance to mentally prepare for your workout. Use your warm-up as a chance to clearly your mind of daily distractions and focus on YOU!
Best Warm-up for Strength Training Workouts
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
The #1 way to get your glutes stronger and more developed is through Hip Thrusts. These are a weekly staple at Booty Lab. This workout will have your glutes burning! But first, let's make sure you have the proper form. If you're new to hip thrusts, check out my video...read more
Sometimes a chair and a basket are all you need to get an effective workout. This week's workout doesn't require any equipment or weights! Really, all you need is a chair and a sturdy basket. Try this at-home glute workout to strengthen that booty! Try this...read more
It's the week of LOVE! Whether you're celebrating Galentine's Day with your girls or Valentine's Day with your babe, we can all agree it's a great day for a booty workout. #gluteday (everyday)! ?? We love lifting heavy weights at Booty Lab, but I know not...read more