Total Body Warm-Up + How to Video
Hi, Booty Lab ladies! I have people ask me all the time: What should I do to warm-up before lifting weights?
You ask and you shall receive! This warm-up can be used for any strength day.
I recommend 3 rounds with 5-10 reps of each:
- Bird dogs – this is great for the back and core!
- Sit to stands – total body movement
- Glute bridges – glutes
- I’s, y’s, and t’s – upper body and back
Why are warm-ups so important?
1. They literally help your body “warm-up”! This allows more oxygen to get to your muscles which is important for when you start your workout! It also helps prepare your heart for more strenuous exercise.
2. Warming up helps prevent injury by improving your muscles’ elasticity.
3. It helps with flexibility and range of motion which can make your workouts more effective.
4. Warming up also gives you a chance to mentally prepare for your workout. Use your warm-up as a chance to clearly your mind of daily distractions and focus on YOU!
Best Warm-up for Strength Training Workouts
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
This glute and hamstring workout can be a bit challenging, but it's effective!! It can be done at home without equipment or at the gym. Today, we're doing two main strength movements and two accessory movements. Follow along with the video or read the step-by-step...read more
Today, we're take the standard glute bridge up a notch! This single-leg glute bridge workout is more challenging that your glute bridge. It's made up of some of my favorite glute bridge variations and will have that booty burning! Single-LEg Glute Bridge Workout 3...read more
Glute bridges are a must in any good glute program! This glute bridge workout is made up of some of my favorite glute bridge variations and will give you all the advantages of a standard glute bridge. Benefits of the Glute Bridge Glute bridges are great for toning and...read more