Total Body Warm-Up + How to Video
Hi, Booty Lab ladies! I have people ask me all the time: What should I do to warm-up before lifting weights?
You ask and you shall receive! This warm-up can be used for any strength day.
I recommend 3 rounds with 5-10 reps of each:
- Bird dogs – this is great for the back and core!
- Sit to stands – total body movement
- Glute bridges – glutes
- I’s, y’s, and t’s – upper body and back
Why are warm-ups so important?
1. They literally help your body “warm-up”! This allows more oxygen to get to your muscles which is important for when you start your workout! It also helps prepare your heart for more strenuous exercise.
2. Warming up helps prevent injury by improving your muscles’ elasticity.
3. It helps with flexibility and range of motion which can make your workouts more effective.
4. Warming up also gives you a chance to mentally prepare for your workout. Use your warm-up as a chance to clearly your mind of daily distractions and focus on YOU!
Best Warm-up for Strength Training Workouts
Ready to work that Booty? Try One of Our Workouts!
One of My Favorite Movements: Deadlifts! It's Week 4 of the must-have movements in any good glute program! This week is my favorite movement, EVER! I have always loved deadlifts. Pretty much all variations make me happy! You can guarantee that you will do this...read more
It's week three of learning the most important exercises you should have in any glute program. Today is the glute bridge! In this video, I'll show you: 1. the barbell glute bridge 2. the feet elevated glute bridge 3. the single-leg feet elevated glute bridge. Now,...read more
This Week is All About the Hip Thrust! Last week, I shared the 3 movements that are a must in every glute program... the hip thrust, glute bridge, and deadlift. This week we're focusing on the Hip Thrust! In this video, I'll show you how to do 3 hip thrust variations...read more